Account Manager - Property & Casualty
Your Dream Job - The Details
The Account Manager is at the center of ensuring the successful delivery of exceptional service to our clients. Working with the Producer and/or Account Executive, he or she plans, executes, and tracks a customized service plan for each client. The Account Manager builds effective, personalized working relationships with clients and prospective clients, learning their risk and insurance program needs. He or she engages the full service team and resources as appropriate to create measurable value and efficiencies in our clients’ businesses. The Account Manager also has an understanding of the marketplace and industry, and uses that expertise in placing coverage and negotiating terms and conditions on behalf of clients. Managing the proposal and renewal processes, the Account Manager supports clients in reviewing coverage and program options and understanding associated details. The Account Manager oversees the accuracy of client information in our agency management system, facilitating a collaborative service experience and empowering our client portal.
EXECUTION OF CLIENT SERVICE
- Works with Producer and/or Account Executives, service team, and other internal departments to plan, execute, and track customized service strategy for each client, designed to create measurable value and efficiencies in their businesses
- Manages creation of proposals, providing summary of programs and options, service plan, and other specific deliverables designed to support clients in making decisions about insurance programs
- Builds personalized client relationships through demonstrated ownership of the service plan and multiple channels of communication such as phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Analyzes risk, coverage, program structure and recommends options; executes coverage and program changes
- Oversees the accuracy and display of information in client portals; consults with and enacts client decisions on access to portal by their staff
- Leverages insurance knowledge and communication skills to explain coverage terms, program options, and other items to clients as needed
- Works with internal departments to ensure cohesiveness and timeliness of service execution, and creates report of service plan execution through commitment report
- Takes an enterprise-wide approach to client service by collaborating with other service teams to create a cohesive client service experience
- Manages time effectively to prioritize workload, client service requests, and service parameters on business processes
MARKET STRATEGY AND NEGOTIATION
- Works with service team to effectively manage and oversee new business and renewal processes by following workflow procedures and best practices
- Creates submission for underwriters, by engaging with clients and prospective clients on their exposures, coverages and program needs, assembling into submission package following best practices
- Communicates with underwriters on submissions and negotiates premium, coverage, and other terms on behalf of clients
- Evaluates coverage, terms, and conditions of quotes received from underwriters; compares quote options from multiple carriers and presents coverage comparisons as requested
- Remains current on forms, coverage, insurance carriers, industry trends, and legislation
- Maintains positive working relationships with insurance carriers, attends meetings and events as appropriate, and proactively learns about their products and underwriting approaches
DATA AND PROCESS INTEGRITY
- Consistently follows client service workflows and appropriately engages internal resources such as process support team, procedure manuals and reporting tools to ensure efficiency and accuracy of execution
- Accurately maintains complete client files including the clear documentation of account detail in agency management systems including policy information, activities, attachments, and correspondence
- Achieves desired levels of data completeness and process integrity by consistently meeting activity timelines, quality metrics, and goals
- Participates in ongoing scheduled meetings with service team to discuss accounts, renewals, service needs, service platform, etc.
- Trains, guides, and mentors Client Service Representatives and other peers
- Communicates effectively with Client Service Representatives and provides timely and complete information to allow them to establish positive client relationships and efficiently manage their processes and workload
- Develops successful and effective working relationships with Producers, Account Executives, Client Service Representatives, service team members, managers, carriers, and members of other departments
- Upon hire, Producers License for Fire/Casualty
- 2+ years Account Manager experience within an insurance brokerage, or comparable experience
- BS/ BA in Business, Insurance or related field
- CPCU, ARM, CEBS, or other professional insurance designation related to discipline
- Experience working with agency management systems
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
Assurance - In a Nutshell
Status: Fiercely independent insurance brokerage
Locations: Headquartered in Schaumburg, IL, with office locations in Chicago and St. Louis
Services: Business Insurance, Employee Benefits, Private Insurance (Home & Auto), Surety Bonds, Financial Services, Safety Consulting, Certificate Tracking
Awards: Assurance is continually named a "Best Place to Work" by leading publications and organizations such as Fortune magazine, the National Association for Business Resources, The Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business and Business Insurance magazine (check out all of our accolades at http://www.assuranceagency.com/about-us).
Culture: Our employees enjoy an environment that fosters success and creativity and provides countless opportunities for growth. We make sure our employees are happy and motivated by offering enviable benefits, rewards programs, celebrations, perks and a few surprises around every corner. Together, it all adds up to a company that develops and retains passionate individuals who deliver superior performancand measurable results to our clients.
Fun Fact: 31% of Assurance experts agree the best Saturday Night Live skit of all time is "More Cowbell".