Your Dream Job - The Details
The Claims Advocate assists property and casualty clients navigate the insurance claims process, with a particular focus on bringing claims to a resolution while protecting the client’s best interest. He or she provides exceptional client service by educating clients on best practices in advanced claim management on a consistent basis. The Claims Advocate also serves as an internal resource for other service team members on complex claims and coverage situations. This role creates value by minimizing the risk and maximizing the health for clients.
Mitigates client’s claims exposures through the strategic management of claims
Diligently investigates all outstanding requests and commitments made to the clients and reports outcomes/next steps on a regular basis
Reads and interprets coverage to assist clients with analyzing carrier coverage positions
Provides client education, such as Property Claims Management and Claims Mitigation
Analyzes and guides clients in areas of liability and litigation
Advocates for special claims handling instruction from insurance carriers as appropriate to meet client preferences for communication and management of their claims
Directs and advises clients on risk solutions when applicable
Educates clients and internal teams on best practices in claims
Proactively manages and leads claim reviews in accordance with claims service guidelines, including reviewing claims; assembling documents; ensuring carrier participation when necessary; and conducting claim review meetings in person or via phone; managing the meeting within agreed upon timeframe, while driving towards results
Participates in current and prospective client meetings with sales and service teams and provides overview of claims management services tailored to the particular concerns of the client
Performs related duties as assigned or as a situation may dictate
EXECUTION OF CLIENT SERVICE
- Works with Producer and/or Account Executives, service team and other internal departments to plan, execute, and track customized service strategy for each client, designed to create measurable value and efficiencies in their businesses
- Advises service plan, and other specific deliverables designed to support clients in making decisions about insurance programs
- Builds personalized client relationships through demonstrated ownership of the service plan and multiple channels of communication such as phone, email and in-person meetings
- Analyzes risk, coverage, program structure and recommends options; executes coverage and program changes
- Oversees the accuracy and display of information in client portals; consults with and enacts client decisions on access to portal by their staff
- Leverages insurance knowledge and communication skills to explain coverage terms, program options, and other items to clients as needed
- Works with internal departments to ensure cohesiveness and timeliness of service execution, and creates report of service plan execution through commitment report
- Takes an enterprise-wide approach to client service by collaborating with other service teams to create a cohesive client service experience.
- Manages time effectively to prioritize workload, client service requests, and service parameters on business processes
DATA AND PROCESS INTEGRITY
- Consistently follows client service workflows and appropriately engages internal resources such as process support team, procedure manuals and reporting tools to ensure efficiency and accuracy of execution
- Accurately maintains complete client files including the clear documentation of account detail in agency management systems including policy information, activities, attachments, and correspondence
- Achieves desired levels of data completeness and process integrity by consistently meeting activity timelines, quality metrics, and goals
- Participates in ongoing scheduled meetings with service team to discuss accounts, renewals, service needs, service platform, etc.
- Trains, guides and mentors Claims team members and other peers
- Communicates effectively with team members and provides timely and complete information to allow them to establish positive client relationships and efficiently manage their processes and workload
- Develops successful and effective working relationships with Producers, Account Executives, Client Service Representatives, service team members, managers, carriers and members of other departments
Upon hire, Producers License for Fire/Casualty
3+ years property claims handling experience at an agency or insurance carrier
Experience with onsite appraisals
Assurance - In a Nutshell
Status: Fiercely independent insurance brokerage
Locations: Headquartered in Schaumburg, IL with office locations in Chicago and St. Louis
Services: Business Insurance, Employee Benefits, Financial Services, Private Insurance, Surety
Awards: Assurance is continually named a "Best Place to Work" by leading publications
and organizations such as Fortune magazine, the National Association for Business Resources, The Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business and Business Insurance magazine (check out all of our accolades at http://www.assuranceagency.com/about-us).
Culture: Our employees enjoy an environment that fosters success and creativity and provides
countless opportunities for growth. We make sure our employees are happy and motivated by offering enviable benefits, rewards programs, celebrations, perks and a few surprises around every corner. Together, it all adds up to a company that develops and retains passionate individuals who deliver superior performance and measurable results to our clients.
Fun Fact: 31% of Assurance experts agree the best Saturday Night Live skit of all time is "More Cowbell"